The Wyss Scholarship
A critical element of professional development is the nurturing of leadership skills. With a generous gift from Mr. Hansjörg Wyss, HVO launched a program designed to develop and support a cadre of future leaders in the health care sector in resource-scarce countries. The Wyss Scholarship for Future Leaders in Global Health allows HVO to support the professional development of local health care providers at HVO project sites. As of spring 2019, 38 health providers have received the scholarship.
Click here to view more about the scholarship.
To qualify for the Wyss Scholarship, applicants:
- Must work/study at an overseas HVO project site. Candidates may include local faculty, clinicians, and those in post-graduate training programs.
- Must be early in their careers and have demonstrated leadership potential. Candidates should have a strong commitment to their patients and profession and demonstrate a desire to share their knowledge with their colleagues.
- Must have an identified training opportunity in order to apply.
- Applications should be submitted 4-6 months in advance of the training event, to allow time for logistics. Applications submitted less than 4 months before the proposed activity may not be reviewed if staff determines that there is not enough time for processing.
- Eligible opportunities for funding include: regional conferences, meetings, and short-term courses; international conferences, meetings, and short-term courses of study; and online short courses. Applicants are encouraged to prioritize regional training opportunities to support networking in the vicinity. When the necessary travel to an event is lengthy, applicants should make the maximum use of the opportunity, either through an extended training, or a combination of training and observation
Click here to
APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
NOTE: We are currently only accepting applications for 2020 training opportunities.
If you have questions about the Wyss Scholarship, please contact us.