Facebook offers an easy, fun way for donors to make gifts, and does so without charging any fees – currently, 100% of donations made through Facebook fundraisers go to HVO.
Want to help?
Log in to Facebook and go to www.facebook.com/fund/hvousa/.
- Decide on the amount, type of currency, and end date of your campaign.
- Most campaigns have a fundraising goal from $500-$1000.
- We encourage you to use special dates to note your campaign.
- Hit “Next” to choose a title and tell your HVO story.
- Hit “Next” again to choose a cover photo or video. If you don’t choose one, the default picture will be the current HVO cover image.
Your FB Fundraiser has been created! Now:
- Invite others to donate! Encourage friends and family to promote your fundraiser on their Facebook page.
- Your fundraiser dashboard is now available on your personal home screen or on the left column under “Fundraisers.” From this dashboard, you can:
- Invite others to view your campaign.
- Share your fundraiser as a post.
- See how many people have donated to your campaign.
- Edit the campaign.
- Add other organizers to your campaign.
- Pledge to match donations with other contributors to your campaign.
- Facebook sends HVO a report with donation information, including which fundraiser through which the donor gives. If a donor chooses to remain anonymous and/or does not want to share his or her contact information, we only see the amount and fundraiser information. We encourage you, the fundraiser, to thank donors who give through your campaign.
Other important notes:
- While “Birthday” fundraisers are the most popular (and Facebook reminds users that the feature is available one month prior to the day), a fundraiser can be created at any time, for any reason.
- Facebook Fundraisers are visible to the public.
- The “Explore” button allows a user to search existing fundraisers by keyword.
- The “Manage” button will take you to tips and helpful suggestions.
- Facebook Fundraiser is not compatible with the Internet Explorer browser.
- If you’d like photos or text about HVO, you are welcome to contact email@example.com for additional resources.